With this interdisciplinary conference we aim to initiate a conversation between and among academics and practitioners about trust and solidarity as concepts pertaining to health-related policy issues to trace their evolution; contours, application, contestation, and adjudication in EU law and governance, and to start to uncover how these principles can be operationalized in a meaningful way for health governance in EU Member States, at the EU level, in the EU’s external relations.
- Barbara Prainsack (University of Vienna)
- Heidi Larson (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, University of London)
- Tammy Hervey (City, University of London)
Call for abstracts
The conference will consist of oral paper presentations, panel discussions, and keynote speeches. Submissions are now open for paper presentations. We encourage submissions from both established and early-career legal scholars. Abstracts can be submitted under any of the three core themes:
- EU health solidarity: law, politics and belonging;
- Trust in EU health law and policy;
- Health and welfare in Europe: new realms of trust and solidarity.
How to participate
You are invited to send in the Abstract by 20th of February 2023 via email to Clara Juarez Lopez at email@example.com, using the subject line “Abstract Trust and Solidarity”. We will inform you about our admission decisions before 25th of February 2023.
The Law Centre for Health and life will make a contribution of €150 towards coverage of expenses for all presenters.